I was suspicious of hand-knitted socks until I made my first pair.
Now I’m a happy convert.
I just know you’ll love the New to Socks kit and tutorial.
The New to Socks tutorial is written toe-up. You’ll start at the toes, work your way around the heel, and up the leg. I did this for two reasons.
- You begin the pattern with just two needles. You’ll have made the toe before adding a third and a fourth needle. Other patterns that are top-down have you suddenly juggling 4 or 5 needles at a time!
- You can make them as long as you like, as long as you have enough yarn. (And you’ll have plenty!) If you started at the cuff and worked your way down, you’d have to decide ahead of time how long the socks will be.
New to Socks includes instructions for two sizes – women’s M/L and XL. Over a dozen full-color photos show you exactly what to do.
I’ve chosen gorgeous, sumptuous yarn in designer colors, that blend beautifully in stripes and are both soft and long-wearing.
Kit includes the following:
- 4 skeins of sport weight yarn (slightly thicker than “sock yarn” and great for first-time sock knitters)
- Double-pointed needles
- Eleven-page printed tutorial with step-by-step photographs and instructions
- Tapestry needle, for weaving in the ends